United_States
Rep
Drives: Made in Bavaria

Garage List
2021 BMW X3e  [0.00]
2016 BMW M4  [9.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibimmer346 View Post
I've gone from a 335i vert (E93) to 535i (F10) to 650i GC. The 6 is larger than the 3/4 series and can have a much higher-end interior depending on how you equip it. In the U.S., it looks like the 4 is limited to Dakota leather options. The 6 gets you options for Nappa or Merino leather which has a much nicer feel. The layout of the 6 is much more intimate in my opinion. You get more powerful engine choices with the 6 series. A more powerful 6-cylinder or the glorious 8-cylinder. Add on the M-Sport Edition with LCD gauges and LED highlights for more exclusive tech options.

Basically, the 6 is more expensive, has a nicer interior, the best BMW tech this side of the i8 and 7-series with more powerful engine choices compared to the 4.

Compared to the 5-series, I feel the 650i is much more fun to drive. Way better driving dynamics in my opinion. It rides much lower and feels so much more connected to the road. Put it this way, I test drove the F10 M5 and the 650i back-to-back. I chose the 650i because I felt it drove better and a much more connected feel.

But keep in mind the 6 is also much bigger than the 4 series. You will absolutely be able to feel the much bigger car when you drive it. Is that best for you? It's up to you to decide.
Drive them all. Had a 550i and went to a 650ix and now am looking to go back down to a 4 or 5 again. 6 series is very luxurious but it is a big car and drives as such. That and around town dynamics which is almost 90% of my driving don't lend itself to the size of the 6. Granted I have a 650ix GC. But it is a big and long car. However for long distance cruising or for a big guy probably would work out well. I am a driver and like HPE and track events too and no 6 outside of a M6 would do well there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Transporter View Post
Agreed! I have a 2012 550 but the minute the m4 gc becomes an option I will be checking it out for the possible change.
Yes but that will not be here IF they make it till 2017-2018 at best. But radar...yes there is a blip maybe! LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by J1n View Post
Had the F10,F30,F13 ... It depends on your preference.. do you feel stronger towards the luxury factor and comfort? If you love spirited drives it's hard to contest with the weight and size of the 4 compared to the 6.

Having said that my girl always gives me grief for letting go of the 6..
My wife will kill me for the bath I will take on selling my 650ix GC early but she knows that luxury isn't my forte and I love driving my cars and performance thus she'll understand but yes it depends on what you want. Choose carefully...one thing I will say..the increased number of choices from BMW from 1,2,3,4,5,6,7 and possibly 8 make it easy to confuse each ones attributes at times. 640/650 look sporty but are truly performance cars? Outside the M's not as much I think after owning one. GL
'10 BMW X5M (Black/Black) - gone not forgotten
'08 BMW M3 (Space Gray/Black) - gone not forgotten
Appreciate 0