View Single Post
      02-09-2018, 09:46 AM   #5
BB6
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M3 G80

I did Bootmod3/ProTuning Freaks as well and I had a local vendor (as shown on PTF website) unlock my DME and he destroyed it. I had to get a new DME, have it cloned and as of right now I am running the OTS STG2 93 octane and it seems ok, but you will absolutely need to get a custom tune from a tuner registered on BM3 to really get a stable/custom performance out of the s63tu motor. After PTF/BM3 local vendor destroyed my DME, fixing it was basically all on me. My car sat for months because I had to find someone qualified to fix it. BM3 basically put the issue on their local vendor and it was apparent helping repair the DME was not something they were going to get involved with. The reason I am still using the OTS map from BM3 is because I paid for it and the software so I mine as well use it since I have two operable DME's now.
As far as customer service: they respond only through emails, but it is only about their product and answering questions regarding tunes. If you think your going to talk to a person on the phone just forget about it. They will also claim that they are so busy and get back to you when they have the time to. Some emails (what they call open tickets) have quick turnaround responses, some never get answered and some take a couple days to get answered. BM3 seemed like a very "one stop shop" platform and that is why I was drawn to getting it. I do like being able to switch between my stock map and my OTS map. The data logging does have some complications to it that I think they are working out. The clearing codes doesn't really work that well so I bought ISTAD to trouble shoot and clear codes. It does still feel like they are working out some kinks. I can say that when I have received responses from Dzenan and Halim, they have been informative and mostly answered my questions. I did hear that BM3 is having good success on the M3/M4 forum so maybe it was just my experience with their local vendor that put a bad taste in my mouth, so I would make sure that you qualify whatever vendor is listed on PTF/BM3 before you get the unlock done (though I hear now some can do it by OBD instead of drilling so that may help).
I do have to give a shout out to the Tuners who helped me resolve my damaged DME issue because they were GREAT! I had all sorts of questions and each of them walked through everything with me and it lead to me finally being able to use the car as I should have from the beginning. Recommended tuners: Alex with Mission, Mike with BPM Sport and Mo with DME Tuning. They all offered to help me get a new DME, clone it and get me up and running, but I ended up going with Mo because he is a BM3 vendor and it seemed if I was going to maintain using the BM3 platform that I would stay with someone who I could keep in contact with on the platform. I can't say enough good things about Alex, Mike and Mo. They picked up their phones immediately, texted, and were just generally interested in helping me out. Customer service for these guys seems extremely important. Just to clarify, I am not trying to bash BM3, just give my experience because hindsight sucks. I thought I did a good amount of research before taking the path I did, and it may have just been luck of the draw on BM3/PTF vendors, but I am definitely more informed now. If anyone has further questions just PM me. Oh yeah, I forgot one person, ALLMOTOR threw in some help as well, that guy is awesome.
Appreciate 2