05-25-2014, 01:59 PM   #6
heykev
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2014 M6 Convertible

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWOO7 View Post

I have a quick question for anyone that has a convertible and has it tinted. Do you know how they did the rear window?

Reason I ask, is you'd think that a convertible would be super easy to tint as the top comes down and you could tint all windows like that, with the exception of the REAR window.

When the top is down, the rear window only comes back up 3/4 of the way and will only go up all the way when the top is fully back up.

Any secrets to getting the rear window up all the way with the top down or do you just have to have it tinted with the top up?

Part of the reason I'm asking this, is normally when you tint windows you have some 'room' on the sides to maneuver the tint around, but when the top is up, the rear window is surrounded on 2 sides which makes it tough to do.

Thanks for any insight!
I just had mine done and the place I went to, did a great job. He didn't seem to have a problem with the rear window. I was there, but didn't see how he did it. I just assumed that he knew what he was doing since he's been in business for 23 years and his place has gotten excellent reviews on Yelp.

Good luck to you...
Appreciate 0