06-19-2013, 07:15 PM   #25
DMD
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW M4

congrats on the new car.
i know exactly how you feel.
had i been patient and sensible, i'd have waited for Dinan stuff. I've had their products on my e92 M3. Its nice to have peace of mind even when you have to pay more for their products.
I too had immediately wondered what a tune would do to this car. I remember when i put Vishnu on my e92 335, the car was transformed. This car will absolutely tear up asphalt with a tune.
Hope something good comes to the market soon.

Enjoy the car stock as it is at least for the first couple thousand miles.

I never thought i'd be the guy writing about bending a wheel and here I am with a bent front passenger wheel. Terrible MI roads happen overnight when a massive pothole shows up like magic on the same road you drive every single day.

But it looks so darn good that a new wheels is worth it.

My setup is staggered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by agu845 View Post
thanks or the post and pictures. now that ive had mine for more than 2 days I am starting to find 'issues', #1 bring the jeep like ride height.

living in MN, we have TERRIBLE roads, so im thinking at most id go with a 1" drop from OEM. I'll call around and see who has what in that range, but it may be a while before Dinan releases their spring, which, while more expensive, retains full warranty (for springs and everything else suspension-related) when dealer installed. Would also look at getting 20" wheels with non RF PSS's on them, then using these oem 19's for winter.

Anyone running 20's tell me if they run staggered? or square set-up? thanks

Speaking of Dinan, I understand they are in development on ECU flash which should be good for at least 75 hp and as many ft-lbs, while, ahem, maintaining warranty. this would make our cars faster than an M6 (dure to awd putting that power down better).

Speaking of the M6. Too early to say, but i wonder if the suspension system that ships in that car (which is naturally lower than ours) could be dropped into a GC x-drive. food for though.

Barely 700 mi on the engine and Im already thinking about mods.

In need of wheel gap help!

Last edited by DMD; 10-09-2013 at 10:30 PM..
Appreciate 0