View Single Post
      01-19-2017, 11:59 AM   #19
363ny
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2016 i8

Quote:
Originally Posted by doug_999 View Post
Ok, had my 2014 Imola 650xi GC for almost three years. It was the most beautiful car I have ever owned - both inside and out.

And it was long... 16.5 feet to be exact.

But damn, it sounded amazing - on start and acceleration. Oh and the B&O stereo was the best stock system - ever.

and the steering - beyond perfect.

and the tchotchkes... omg... HUD, heated and ventilated seats. Amazing.

Alas, time for something different. Very different.

I've purchased the M2. No sunroof No HUD No B&O No V8 sound No rear doors No AWD

and I love it. I really love it. In a perfect world, I would have the 650 as the perfect date night car and the M2 as my daily driver. I thought I would miss AWD, but honestly, I forgot how great RWD with snows can be.

I will continue to haunt this board and I feel so lucky to have had a six figure car that turned heads like no other. But it is time to get back to something really fun (nimble?). I'll let you know how it goes.

Later dude...
Doug - Congrats on the M2! As a fellow former GC driver (640iX) - my sentiments about the GC are very similar to yours. I am grateful for my 3 years I spent with it but was ready for something smaller. Is the M2 easier to get these days or is there still a waiting list?

Congrats again

Jeff
2014 BMW 640iX GC (gone but not forgotten)
Appreciate 0