View Single Post
      03-04-2015, 12:15 AM   #55
JimM6GC
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 M6 GC; '16 B6

Thanks, Doug!

I guess I'm not too surprised that the production slots have filled up so fast. The added HP and torque numbers were somewhat of a pleasant surprise to us. Any pricing info out yet?

I see that they have a new color (among others) available - Mediterranean Blue. We were going to order Alpina Blue, but I took the Alpina Blue paint code to an automobile paint dealer and got a pint of the stuff. After priming, spraying, and cleat-coating a sample, well, its ... purple. Not a bad color, bit not really our style. Further proof that one should not base one's color choice on what one sees in a not-too-well-lit showroom (Irvine BMW). We will be looking at an example of Tanzanite Blue at a dealership in the SF Bay Area this weekend, and we already ruled out Deep Sea Blue (which has been deleted, and which doesn't look too much different from Mediterranean Blue from the pics I've seen), so it will be interesting to see what our final choice is. So far, it's Mineral White, even though we're somewhat tired of the white/silver/grey routine of our past cars.

We "buy and hold" our vehicles for several years, so residual value is not a big concern to us. However, I am wondering if they have factored in the possibility that leases will expire at about the time when the G series cars will be coming out.

It will be interesting to see where we are in the production queue. Since we got a discount on the car, we may be one of the last ones in line at our dealership. RichardP - do you have any production stats (cars per month) for the US market for these cars? If we end up being at the tail end, we may just wait another year.

Last edited by JimM6GC; 03-04-2015 at 01:19 AM..
Appreciate 0