View Single Post
      07-23-2014, 11:43 AM   #10
m6beast
Captain
Rep
Drives: stock m6

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnkirk1974 View Post
I want to know how ANY of these tunings translate to power on the road. My Dinan stage 3 tune on my 550 (F10) was WELL worth it (520hp,580tq). The power was immediate and fierce. However, on these M6s, I just fail to see how it's going to help translate into major speed gains.

I think BMW knew what it was doing, when it kept the torque numbers (semi) modest, at 500. These engines are top-notch. Power is certainly not the problem.

Again, with the massive wheel spin we get in the first 2 gears, the torque gains are relatively pointless.

I can definitely see how it would help in highway driving (passing,etc). If we had all wheel drive cars, it would be a completely different story.

Am I wrong?
You are right but even with that said part of it is knowing how to drive with the new found power and there are always other options, for example tread!
I drive my M6 everywhere I go with DSC inactive and can drift it I'm any direction open throttle ect. But that comes with practice. I don't expect every car to drive like the last so be patient and learning its characteristics is key to driving it with limits.
Any way mine is hauling ass as I'm driving it the way it wa made to be driven.
Enjoy!
G
Appreciate 0