View Single Post
      09-19-2015, 05:19 PM   #8
someguy1993
Rep
Drives: _

Quote:
Originally Posted by M6-Coupe View Post
Ummm ... you don't drive your M6 hard???
If not , then you are driving "wrong car"... 640 is a great and suit car for you
No offense but if I'm not mistaken, long time ago you were complaining about squealing noise of your M6 right? I mentioned at that time this noise is normal for high performance cars including Ferrari, Lamborghini and even MB AMG (I posted some forum regardless of your SL AMG with no squealing noise)... The point is : IMHO, M cars are designed to be driven hard and to be pushed to their limits... 100% agree with you about driving hard on public roads or streets is highly prohibited, but there is a major difference between track and street. M6 is not a track oriented car (like 911 or GTR) and no one claimed she is, but it's a high performance car and hard acceleration or pushing the car to the limit must not be an issue at all... and again this hard acceleration is different from track stuff...
Thank you, for having a brain my friend. There is common sense and then there is doing donuts until one of your tires pops. I am not that guy, I love my car, and I love what it stands for. I hate to see someone try and downplay the failure of this car, because to me it is a very big deal. If you are not a big fan, you can ignore this, but if you truly are a BMW M enthusiast and have tried to learn every little interesting fact about these cars you too would be disappointed with an event like this.
Appreciate 1