View Single Post
      07-04-2013, 01:04 PM   #13
AVB-AMG
Private
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW X5M

Garage List
Thanks everyone for your kind comments......

SlammedM6:
For some strange reason, BMW decided this year to officially begin production of the 2014 M6 model year on March 13, 2013, instead of mid-to-late summer, as they have usually done previously for most models. I was told that my M6 is one of the first 2014's exported to the USA.

VAUROS:
I had not requested that the "M6" badge on the rear trunk lid be omitted or "de-badged", as it was delivered to me at the BMW PDC in SC. The M6 badges are on both side vents/signal indicators, as well as the front grill. I only noticed the omission when I was filling the car with gas on my trip from SC back to NJ. I had my BMW Dealer add the missing badge when I took the car in for its mandatory 1,200 Servicing.

BTW - I forgot to mention in my initial post that after reading many of the comments by other 6-Series drivers about the automatic engine Start/Stop Function, I asked the BMW PDC to deactivate it, which they did. The idea of when I am driving the vehicle and coming to a slow stop and then having the engine immediately shut down, only to have to start right back up because I'm in stop-and-go traffic, is a royal PITA...

2016 BMW X5M
2014 BMW M6
2007 Mercedes-Benz ML63 AMG
2004 Mercedes-Benz E55 AMG

Last edited by AVB-AMG; 07-04-2013 at 01:16 PM..
Appreciate 0