View Single Post
      12-29-2014, 10:27 PM   #11
mjr24
Colonel
Rep
Drives: M8 Comp GC, X7, AMG GT53

It's poor business, Jesal.

You are simply trying to weasel your way out of the original problem of the piece being defective/not fitting based on an unrelated technicality. Just because I didn't "call you" first doesn't change the fact the piece doesn't fit. Just because it was damaged upon removal doesn't change the fact that the piece didn't and doesn't fit. This isn't a friggin transmission I ordered. It doesn't take a "professional" to install this. The mere fact that I removed the old one just fine (it's installed in my car again right now....in mint condition) proves this and makes your argument moot. This was not a matter of getting the top piece off. This was a matter of the top piece being so far down in the assembly that even if you used a hairdryer to loosen the adhesive, you still weren't going to be able to get anything down that far to remove it without damage. So your argument regarding that is moot, too. You keep changing your story....first you were not replacing it because I didn't call you first, then it was because a "professional" didn't take it out, and finally it was because I didn't call you first to hear you tell me I should have used a....hairdryer?

Let me tell you how a professional company takes care of something. I had a set of CV3's from Vossen on my last CLS. Two of the wheels ended up starting to crack at the spokes....a known problem with CV3's. I had these installed for literally a year. Vossen replaced these wheels as soon as they were informed of the cracks. Was there probably some scratches or paint chips from the roads? Sure. Did that change the fact the wheels were defective? Of course not. And these were $600 (each) wheels, not a $200 shifter.

Your attitude in all of this makes you look guilty, too. You strongly convinced me not to file a dispute a week ago (which I didn't). You plainly told me the piece was defective and you plainly told me after you got the item back that you would probably end up refunding me. You can see by my previous posts that I wasn't even worried about this and was sure you guys would take care of it being that you have a pretty solid reputation (not to mention your statements along the way).

I hate airing stuff like this in public but it irritates me when a company can not stand behind a defective product....especially on an OEM part! You should be bitc*ing at your BMW rep about this....because it's making YOUR company look bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesal@IND View Post
Normally we try out best to make everyone happy with our service but there is only so much we are capable of offering.

Had the item not fit to his liking, we would have then replaced it without any question. This part of the transaction is not be disputed. However the problem is that the customer did not contact us before attempting to remove the item himself, which resulted in a cracked carbon fiber housing.

The top cover can easily be removed with a hair dryer to loosen up the adhesive tape on the back of it. Then it would easily come off to gain access to the screw underneath. The damage could have been avoided if the customer contacted us first regarding the fitment. We would have advised on how to remove this safely.
2022 M8 Comp GC, 2021 AMG GT53, 2022 X5M Competition, 2021 X7 40i, 2019 M5, 2018 M550I, 2017 Audi Q7, 2014 M6 GC, 2013 Mercedes CLS550, 2011 750LI, 2008 M6 Cabrio, 2008 Porsche Cayenne S, 2004 Mercedes SL55 AMG, 2003 Mercedes SL500, 2000 Mercedes CL500, 1993 Lexus SC400, 1989 525i, 1985 318i

Last edited by mjr24; 12-29-2014 at 10:45 PM..
Appreciate 0