08-10-2012, 02:00 AM   #1
andreo
BMW Enthusiast
Macao
Rep
Drives: Citrin Black 650i Coupé (F13)

DVDInMotion

Folks,

For those of you who have always wanted video enabled on your iDrive, the DVDInMotion solution is probably one of the most elegant and reversable mods. I was skeptical at first but decided to go for it after seeing a number of good reviews. Tested it on my wife's E87 120i and worked flawlessly. Took a few minutes to burn the disc from the first ISO image they sent me and another couple minutes to load it to iDrive. Video is enabled. Took another few minutes to burn disc for second ISO image. Loaded it. Video in motion is enabled. Mod completed!

We can now play custom music videos (bought from iTunes and painstakingly mastered using iDVD to take full advantage of the 1280x480 iDrive display). Confirmed with the folks at DVDInMotion that it will work on the F12/F13 10.2inch display with CIC (Option code 6VA).

The service was excellent. Very responsive and personalized. Simply a delight to deal with. Their website is http://www.dvdinmotion.com/ if interested.

WARNING: Full screen videos can distract. Keep your eyes on the road if you are driving and let your passengers enjoy the video. Join them when you are not moving.
Appreciate 0