View Single Post
      03-08-2016, 11:36 AM   #46
Phatcat
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW M5, X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Db750 View Post
Has anyone here with the B&O ever heard the Individual Dirac system that was offered in the e63 M6? I had that system in my M6, and it was IMO the best system I have ever had in a car by a pretty long shot. While I had that car I did test drive a 650 with the B&O, and honestly I thought the Dirac sounded better. With the Dirac it had really good bass, and you could crank it up to the point it was blaringly loud with no distortion. Now, having said that, I will say that I do not know much about high end audio, so all I can go off of is what sounds good to me.

Another question for you guys that know what you are talking about: I have read several times that the B&O is just OK, so what in car system would you recommed as being one of the best in the business? Preferably in a more standard production car such as higher end MB, BMW, Porsche etc and not Bentley/Rolls Royce as I will have no way of trying out the sound system in one of those cars.

Thanks!
I have the individual Dirac in my E70 X5M, not impressed at all (maybe it's better in the 7 series or the M6). It was a $7000 USD option in Taiwan and like I said in another post, the ML in my Lexus sounded much better and it came standard in Taiwan.

B&O in the M6 sounded better than the Dirac in the X5M, but still not as good as ML.

I don't know, so far my experiences with car audio is that big name and high price doesn't always equate to better sound.
Appreciate 1