mdrobc13
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Made in Bavaria

Garage List
2021 BMW X3e  [0.00]
2016 BMW M4  [9.00]
I agree about a tune for your car as it really wakes the car up and you'll enjoy the added hp/torque. I did the Dinan Stage 1 and Intercoolers on mine and am very happy with the work and results. Also added an Eissenman Race which now give the car a nice sound to match the tune. Also added cross drilled rotors and a few CF bits too as mods.

However be careful on those that say a tune is NOT detectable. That is false. I've talked to quite a few friends who are Service and Sales Mgrs at both Audi/BMW and also Porsche and there are ways that they can detect a tuned car when its hooked up to their computer/calibration machines and testers. For example recently tuned my wife's Q5 with an APR tune and had another unrelated issue and my dealer immediately could tell it was tuned when the car was hooked up and scanned and this was without me saying a word. Same with BMW. Suspect Porsche also. Just because you can REMOVE it doesn't mean they cannot detect the tune as traces of the flash are written to the car where you cannot see but the manufacturer can. So if you did have an issue they would likely know. Not saying it would automatically cause them to reject it but that was what my Audi service mgr said initially when they found the tune and this is from a guy who just bought an new S3 and was modding it himself to include and APR tune in a few weeks. So that said I went with Dinan for the added safety and security of their warranty which is at least 4yr/50k equivalent. Dinan has deeper pockets as well and thus can handle a new engine versus other manufacturers so on a $105k+ car well sometimes you got to pay to play.

Here's mine...
Attached Images

'10 BMW X5M (Black/Black) - gone not forgotten
'08 BMW M3 (Space Gray/Black) - gone not forgotten
Appreciate 0