04-01-2024, 03:08 PM   #57
LJohnson32
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW M6 Gran Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motivology View Post
I’m glad to hear your M6 is treating you well. I am curious how long it will last past 100K considering the notorious rod bearing issues.
Hopefully awhile! 105k oil analysis report came back from Blackstone last week showing the lowest traces of wear metals out of the last 5 samples, so the engine would appear to still be operating well

Quote:
Good to know you’ve been driving it all season in the Minnesota weather - no issues on cold days? I try to let it warm up on cold mornings, or at least drive slow in the beginning to let it warm up.
No issues on cold days really, I’m also very intentional about being careful with the car while it’s cold. I do my best to stay below ~25-35% throttle until I see the oil temp needle register

Quote:
Which mod would you say is your favorite, or your top 3? I just picked up my new-to-me high spec '14 M6 Gran Coupe Competition and looking to do some mods (tint, windshield film, wheels, apple carplay with new screen for starters).
Sounds like you’ve got a few good ones on the list so far. My favorites have been pretty subtle. I think dialing in the stance of the car really helped a lot. I went with the KW H.A.S. system to lower the car a little bit, paired with front and rear spacers (either 10mm Front / 12mm rear or 12mm Front / 15mm rear I can’t remember)

Then I would say adding the black kidneys up front (at least with my spec) paired with the M Performance lip spoiler & rear diffuser combo. Modernized the look of the car while adding some refined aggressiveness to the look

Third I would probably say the interior M Performance CF parts and CF paddles. And the ceramic control knobs too. Obviously you spend a lot of time inside the car so the things you touch and see inside the car shouldn’t get overlooked