View Single Post
      12-29-2023, 08:38 PM   #44
BambamOD
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2 series

Hi Xidamaaa,

Thank you for the photos of the process. Did you do the process by hand or with a machine? And if you used a machine can you share what brand and model you used?

Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xidamaaa View Post
Update:

Just finished one headlight today so I’m sharing my experience here with you all. I bought a 3M ultra headlight restoration kit which has 500, 800, 3000 grit sanding pads and clear coat. I also got a set of sand papers just in case.

So I found out that the 500 grit sanding pads that came with the kit were not enough for my headlights so I went down to 210. This took care of the tiny cracks but the scratches were deep and they were not easy to polish with higher grits. So I would agree with some people on this thread that 320 grit is probably a better starting point.

After 210 grit, I used 320 and 400 before returning to the 3M kit and picking up 500. Then it was the kit all the way. The result was not perfect as there were still some scratches but the clear coat that came with the 3M kit took care of those. It made a huge difference!

Appreciate all the contributions in the thread here. I couldn’t have done this without all your help!
Appreciate 0