Houranimd49
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E82 135i, F25 xDrive35i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opie55 View Post
I can feel the suspension stiffen up in sport. So does the steering. If you drive on an empty road and swerve a bit side to side - almost like race car drivers do to warm up their tires - and press Sport while doing that, you will definitely feel the steering change.

Not sure what you mean by "dynamic handling control". Do you mean active dampers or ARS/Adaptive Drive?

I've never been sure if the throttle response actually changes in Sport, or if it's just the fact that it runs one gear lower. If you manually downshift a gear in Comfort you will have a similar feel.

People are in 2 camps on the ventilated seats - some are like QSilver and think that they make a noticeable difference on hot days, and many are like me in that I can't tell if they are on or not and never use them. But I like the look of the perforated leather.

You won't miss the "massaging" seats because they don't really massage. They are way dumber than the ventilated seats and are mostly good for laughs.
When I said dynamic handling control, I was referring to the toggle switches by the shifter so you can switch from sports to comfort, and eco Pro. I took a peek at the shock absorbers, and they have an electric connection to them so altogether I figured the car has "dynamic handling." If I'm wrong please correct me.

So I experimented with the throttle. As you know, putting the car in sport via the toggle switch will drop down a gear. Or, if you leave the car in normal or comfort and shift the gear lever to the left, the car drops down two gears. I noticed that if you only leave the gearshift in M/S with the toggle switch in comfort or normal, the car does not downshift as quickly when you stab the accelerator as it would if you had toggle switch in sports mode.

If I have both sport mode and M/S active on the gear shift, the car hauls butt significantly more than if the engine was in comfort and M/S, or just all together comfort and Drive.
Appreciate 0