View Single Post
      11-12-2023, 03:27 PM   #2
swissfraser
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F13 640d

I'd call all those things essential. These are BIG cars. I have a coupe and I struggle to work out where the corners are, whereas my previous 5 series was never any problem at all.

I bought one about 5 months back after a good few months of searching, ended up travelling a couple of hundred miles for one. Saw two before that and walked away from both as they were in terrible condition. All the big bits (engine, brakes etc) are fine, but I need a new blower motor, had to replace the washer bottle, had to disable the 'comfort access' and replaced a buckled wheel (£600 for a replacement). Add in new tyres all round and some premium oil and fair to say I've had to throw some cash at the car.

I do love it though and always wanted one (I have no kids, so it doesnt matter that the car is completely impractical) and certainly dont regret buying one. Mine's a 67 plate but it definitely doesn't feel like it. Nothing shakes or rattles, nothing seems loose. Keep looking and you'll definitely find one, just go in with your eyes open that it might cost you a few quid to get the car perfect, unless you're VERY lucky and buy one thats been well maintained.
Appreciate 1