View Single Post
      11-01-2023, 10:53 AM   #6
Qsilver7
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F06 650ix GC / F15 X5 50i

BTW, if I lost my key in the woods or dropped them in the ocean, or lost them while on vacation or any location that if the remote was found, no one would know who the remote belonged to or what BMW that it is for...then I'd probably forgo paying to have that remote removed/canceled.

If perchance...someone found the remote and took it to a BMW dealership to read the info stored on the remote. I'm sure the service advisors would NOT give out your info because they would see that they don't have the BMW the remote says it belongs to...and I'm sure the SA would ask for their ID which would not match the info the comes up in the database using the lost remote fob. And they are pretty strict on not sharing vehicle ownership (you have to hold gun to their heads if you purchase a used BMW and ask for service history...and most still won't share any info).

Become a BMW CCA member! Click HERE to join and feel free to use my BMW CCA member #191509 as a referral.
Appreciate 0