unluky
Major
Rep
Drives: 04 z4 3.0 Sport & 15 X5 35i XD

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTinline-six View Post
Yeah that's a tough one.

I have a buddy who is in a wheelchair. He is in his 30s, and whenever he parks in one of those spots since it is easier for him to get out of his car, there is some overweight person complaining that he has the spot... of course until they see him get in his chair.

There are certainly people who don't appear to have a disability that use the spots, like your situation and others with actual physical issues... but then you have the people that just can't walk far because they are 400+ lbs.
LOL - I used to date a PA and she was asked for Handi stickers MULTIPLE times a week by youngish people who were just super overweight. Both her parents were seriously handicapped, so she had an axe to grind. She would set them up and read the rules to them and one was "can you walk 30 feet unassisted?" and they would always answer no and she would then look up and say "well it is exactly 53 feet from the waiting room to this room - who helped you get here?"

Denied.

Obviously there were many that DID need them and she was happy to help, but the lazy didn't get far with her. Same with the drug seekers that memorized all the things they need to say to get pain meds after hours. LOL
mc-m3236.50
Llarry20255.50
Buug95921301.50