View Single Post
      07-25-2023, 10:50 AM   #33
Our03z4
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW Z4 3.0si Coupe,

Quote:
Originally Posted by David70 View Post
Cash you can't get scammed but can easily be stolen and with virtually no chance of getting it back. CC you can be scammed but worst case (and unlikely) you are liable for $50 of it.

Travel must be tough, flights, hotel, rental car, reserve/pay with cash (how do you reserve and pay for a flight with cash?) ? Buying tickets, going to events, virtually all cashless where I live. How much cash do you carry to avoid the scam possibility?

Buy something or need a car repair for $2k and you show up with cash? I would worry far more about the risks involved with this.
Well my nephew just bought a trailer off of FB Marketplace with cash...got pulled over on the way home and charged with receiving stolen property. He had no clue and thought it was legit, no title needed in his state. Doesn't matter he didn't know. Now he is out his cash, phone and his truck was even impounded. Poor kid is only 18 and didn't know the world is full of people that lie. Looks like there is no way out of having a record and he is just beside himself.

Cash is good unless you get scammed or have it stolen.

What you say is true, I'd worry as well.
Appreciate 0