TinCanSailor
Fueled by Recycled Dinosaurs!
Rep
Drives: F06 M6

Garage List
[QUOTE=danielgmanm6;30296925]
Quote:
Originally Posted by TinCanSailor View Post
Full disclosure; I was fucking around and I found out. I take full ownership of my current state of affairs when it comes to my car. This post is in now way meant to be a reflection of the creative and hardworking people and companies mentioned below.

I’ve been slowly but surely adding bolt ons, using BM3 and XHP. I have have also been a diligent owner when it comes to having my M6 maintained. All of these things worked very well and despite how things ended; I am extremely happy with the performance of all these great tools.

I suspected that I was getting close to the ledge, hat tip to Eric B and Rakim’s “Know the Ledge”, and had recently been shopping forged rods and pistons. I am sure if I checked the emails it would have been within a week or two before I threw a rod about a week ago.

I’ve long been a proponent of slow and deliberate as well as taking care of secondary and even the tertiary systems affected by HP adders.

Man, I'm really sorry to hear this. I think ppl just tend to push these motors way too much. They're just too expensive to experiment on unfortunately. Are you going to fix it or going to move on to something else?
I am going to buy a en engine built with forged rods as I do like the car a lot. I normally do not drive like that but I got caught up in the moment and I got greedy with the throttle.

I’d slowly been putting other components in the car such as the diff brace and Mishimoto oil cooler, all in preparation to getting to the point of installing the Mr Vanos rods or the 5150 Carrillo rods.

My hope is that my lesson helps save someone else this heartache. As you said, folks tend to push these things a lil too hard and I let myself become one of those pushers before the car was ready.
2015 F06 M6 Silverstone Metallic II, Individual Full Leather, B&O, Night Vis, CCB, RKAutowerks (CP Rods/Pistons, DI Cams, CF Intakes, Coated DP's & Billet Diff Brace), InfinityAuto Turbo Inlets, Mishi Oil Cooler, JB4, XHP S3, BM S3
Appreciate 0