View Single Post
      06-26-2023, 02:52 AM   #12
martin mustang
Major
Ireland
Rep
Drives: 640d,X5 45e, 911c4s, 635csi

Thanks, Qsilver7, yep this was the procedure I was considering doing, but after my posting my driver's side window started going up and down on a more frequent basis, from closed to about an inch down (before shutting doors position), so planned to put my car in the garage when I noticed a low battery message on my idrive, the car will simply not start! I had this message before me thinking it was triggered by the Alarm going off, but this time the battery was on low. I am not sure if all my problems are related to the battery, or the Alarm and windows are draining the battery, my bet is more or the latter one, as I used my car daily, with never any battery issues.
So plugged in my Ctek for the night, in the morning it is still at stage 3, this phase takes up to 20h according to Ctek manual, so waiting! my guess is this new window opening on its own linked to the low battery, and the low battery is triggered by the Alarm/ window issue, my Alarm problem started after a visit to my garage to work on the passenger window, playing up each time I try to close it, they removed the window and cleaned the inside, and since the Alarm issue started, the switching off of the interior movement sensor with my key has no effect, so not sure what is trigerring the alram.
I now just hope I can get the battery back charged so I can drive it to the Dealer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qsilver7 View Post
Initializing the close & open position is the same for the 5/6/7/x5/x6/x7. The F06/f12/f13 window drop is a separate feature than the close/open initialization. The only instruction that is different is for the f12 (6 series convertible)…where it says to lower the top or raise the top based on build date range.

In all the models mentioned above…the procedure is carried out with the door CLOSED…so again, the drop/rise parameter when the f 6 series doors are opened/closed apparently isn’t an issue because its not mentioned.

Are these the instructions you saw?
Necessary preliminary work:
Vehicle stationary
Sufficient battery voltage available / connect charger if necessary
Terminal ”15” switched on
All doors closed
F12 up to 02/2012 soft top open, from 03/2012 soft top closed

Operating procedure for initialisation (manual):
Deleting the initialisation:
Move side window into lower end position.
Press and hold switch in ”Open one-touch function” position (second switch position) for between 15 and 25 seconds.
Note:
Deletion of initialisation was successful if toll function and anti-trap mechanism have been rendered inoperative.

Performing initialisation:
Move side window to upper end position
Pull and hold switch in ”Close one-touch function” (2nd switch position) during the entire process.
Note:
Re-initialisation was successful if toll function and anti-trap mechanism function flawlessly.

Last edited by martin mustang; 06-26-2023 at 04:49 AM..
Appreciate 0