View Single Post
      03-01-2023, 08:57 AM   #2
TinCanSailor
Fueled by Recycled Dinosaurs!
Rep
Drives: F06 M6

Garage List
Injectors and rod bearings. BMW did extend the warranty for injector to 10 yr / 100k mile. For the rod bearings there is only one way to know for sure and that is to drop the lower assembly and crack the bottom open. A rebuilt S63tu will cost about 12k plus labor. I’ve been through a rebuild and love LOVE my car but I got in the car at a good price point.

I am the 2nd owner of mine and the rod bearings had been done by the dealer while under the ownership of the first owner. All oil and maintenance was done by the dealer and I had recently had the oil changed by the dealer when the engine spun a bearing.

I would suggest getting a year to two year exclusionary warranty or if possible just send the car out right away for rod bearings and if you can swing it forged rods and pistons. You’ll surely have many years of blissful ownership if you do.

There are folks that have high mileage examples of M cars with the S63tu but you are 2nd, 3rd or 4th owner ya never know.
2015 F06 M6 Silverstone Metallic II, Individual Full Leather, B&O, Night Vis, CCB, RKAutowerks (CP Rods/Pistons, DI Cams, CF Intakes, Coated DP's & Billet Diff Brace), InfinityAuto Turbo Inlets, Mishi Oil Cooler, JB4, XHP S3, BM S3
Appreciate 1