View Single Post
      11-20-2022, 02:19 PM   #6
Qsilver7
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F06 650ix GC / F15 X5 50i

Great…thanks for the follow up…glad the trunk’s Roundel and the driver’s door lock cylinder appear to be working better.

I’ve seen some past threads about the rubber boot that protects the back-up camera.

I don’t know how difficult the task is…but the rubber boot is sold separately…and I think access to replace it requires removing the unit from the rear side…which means you have to remove the trunk lining. It appears to be more work in removing the lining and the camera/Roundel unit…but once out, the rubber boot appears to be an easy piece to replace.

Again, this is from a foggy memory…but the rubber boot appears to be held in by tabs tucked in or snapped on to the top, bottom, and sides of the camera (once removed from the trunk). I don’t think you can access the removal and replacement from the exterior…but again, once the cam/Roundel unit is removed from the trunk the boot isn’t that difficult to replace.

The rubber boot is #13 in the diagram:

https://bimmercat.com/bmw/en/search/...iX/USA/41_2152

Become a BMW CCA member! Click HERE to join and feel free to use my BMW CCA member #191509 as a referral.

Last edited by Qsilver7; 11-20-2022 at 02:30 PM..
Appreciate 0