Qsilver7
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F06 650ix GC / F15 X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opie55 View Post
How is the interior better in 2014?
For me, the only thing “better” in the interior that a 2014 would have over then 2013 model year is iDrive/NBT. But I think that came with either the 3/13 or 4/13 build date. The NBT has better resolution than the last version CIC iDrive along with some slightly different functions that can be coded if you have coding software like the Bimmercode app.

The 6WB cluster is a personal loss or gain. I prefer the analog/digital 6WA cluster over the all digital 6WB cluster everyday of the week. Personally, I just don’t care for the all digital cluster…I’m probably still “traumatized” by the horrible digital clusters of the 1980s that turned me off from digital instrument clusters). I like some of the analog aspects of the 6WA…like having real needles and markings in the speedometer & tach gauges. Sometimes there is glare on the cluster (from the sun) and it can wash out. But the 6WA cluster’s analog markings still give you an idea of what the gauge is reading etc. & are still visible when the car is shut down.

The 6WA can also code in some functions (like turn indicators) in the HUD that the 6WB can’t.

And just to make sure we are all on the same page…there are three different clusters. There’s the base analog cluster (1st & 2nd pics below) that has 4 anodized rings and the digitized section of the cluster is relegated to the far right of the display. The analog/digital 6WA cluster (3rd & 4th pics below) has 4 anodized semi-rings that are similar to horseshoes where they are open on the bottom…and the rest of the ring is digitized (along the bottom) and is encompassed within the digital information that goes all the way across the bottom of the cluster. The digital 6WB cluster (5th & 6th pics below) has digital rings that look like mirrored cCs…and disappear when the car is powered down.

The larger iDrive controller knob is also a wash for me…the smaller knob that doesn’t have the capability of writing with your finger doesn’t bother me.

And since 2G & 3G are both dead (or soon to be dead)…unless you have a late 2016 - 2019 F chassis 6 series…the 2014’s iDrive NBT/ID4 isn’t going to be a big win other than it having better resolution.
Attached Images

Become a BMW CCA member! Click HERE to join and feel free to use my BMW CCA member #191509 as a referral.

Last edited by Qsilver7; 08-21-2021 at 01:54 PM..
Appreciate 1
kmn9110.00