View Single Post
      07-16-2021, 10:23 AM   #44
itzjoker
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW 650i Gran Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss330 View Post
Just changed the right rear spring on my GC.

There is NO need to remove the rear shelf to access the three top strut mount nuts. Just pop out the speaker covers, remove the speakers and take out the foam insulation over the strut mount.

So you guys can save A LOT of time doing it this way instead of removing the rear shelf.
Clutch!! Been putting off doing the rears for a year now, been riding around with only the front lower (which I don't mind since it still looks aggressive and I already graze speed bumps etc). Fronts took me forever which made me not want to do the rears. I ran into many issues using the spring compressor that Autozone rents out. The coils were too tight and strut body was too thick...had many problems trying to get the compressor to fit on right and being able to compress it enough to loosen the top nut. It was probably 4 hours of me tightening and loosening the compressor by hand many many times to get it to compress right. I would use a compressor that has slim mounting points on the spring like the one below:

https://www.amazon.com/Shankly-370mm...dDbGljaz10cnVl

Although I question the quality/sturdiness of this tool. Seems very weak, probably enough to change the rears and throwaway after.
Appreciate 0