United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 540i xDrive - M Sport Plus

Quote:
Originally Posted by BmwF06Ireland View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Junebug85 View Post
Hi,

I had really thought about the wing m badges! Good shout.

As for warranty work - The car has been in several times for vibration issues, the master tech has drove the car several times too. No issues. Just waiting for my wheel replacement now when all this crisis is over.

There is a post on here somewhere where someone rempapped their car and asked BMW FS if it was allowed. They were told that it was fine aslong as the car was put back to standard once it was due to be handed back. Mine is not on PCP so that doesn't apply. Same goes for servicing. You can get it serviced elsewhere, but keep your warranty intact, they need to use BMW genuine parts. Just means you won't have FBMWSH... just FSH.

So far I have had no issues with the remap. The N57 is used across many models and I think the tuners out there have kind of mastered it. I went to Celtic Tuning as they have done many 335d's, 435d's and 535d's. This gave me comfort in my decision. Plus they came highly recommended on this forum.

Few more questions thanks for replying on the others

I see you wrapped the other chrome pieces, where did you get the vynal and did you remove the parts to wrap

You have devadged the boot, isee your in uk so used boot :-)

I bought this series badge as it think it might suit the black gloss everywhere
https://www.ebay.co.uk/c/1132171346

What do you think
For the Chrome trim, I didn't remove as I was scared of breaking the clips. I wrapped it while on the car. Used a plastic vinyl squeegee tool to get in behind the edges and then used a hooby/craft knife with a very sharp blace to cut round it. Applied some heat before and after to make sure it stuck down good.

Black boot badge looks cool. I thought about getting one too but prefer the clean look on the boot. After seeing what you bought I might consider it now.

G30 540i xDrive / Stage 3 via BM3 / xHP Stage 3 / Pure 800 Cast Turbo / 5" Catted Downpipe / MST Intake / Remus Exhaust / MSS Springs / 19" JR SL01 & Conti SC7 / 20" BBS CI-R & Michelin PS4S / F90 Sway Bars & Braces / Lots of Gloss Black
Appreciate 0