11-29-2017, 07:19 PM   #6
Angry Ketchup
Private
England
Rep
Drives: 650i (F12)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samd007 View Post
Thank you both for the replies! I can go 3000 mi before I add a qt of oil. I have no problem with that and actually very happy with the car. After reading about exhaust soot it seems to be normal on cold starts due to internal moisture in exhaust. I guess I’ll mount some sort of absorbing material on back wall of garage so I don’t have to keep cleaning wall.
We seem to be in the same boat. For the fun-factor of the 650i, I'm not that upset. I just wish that BMW's customer service in the UK was more consistent with customer service just about anywhere else. But... that's the Brits I guess.

I had a a couple lesser cars at home in the US which developed odd engine issues - a Pontiac G8GT (don't judge me) and a 335xi coupe (loved that car: Arktis Metallic with a 6MT).
I felt like the dealers wanted to impress me with their honesty & drive to correct the issues. The G8GT had its electronics overhauled around 12k miles from new and the 335xi went through 5 HPFPs while I owned it and even a replacement of both turbos at 69k miles (all under warranty). And, as mentioned, the dealers clearly wanted to fix the issue, provided constant updates, and loaner cars of equal or better quality/fun-factor.

Here in the UK, they are like... "here's an ultra-base/fleet 318d loaner and you gotta pay £20/day for the privilege. Time for tea?" lol
Appreciate 0