View Single Post
      06-20-2017, 03:23 PM   #20
Nkc
NOOB
Canada
Rep
Drives: Cars

Best of luck.

Smoked for as long as I can remember. Decided to cut down from 10-15 a day to about 2-3 a day couple years ago. Last year, decided to convert into a recreational smoker only when I drink/sparky but that was tough because I was still relying on at least 2-3 smokes a day. Trying to turn into a recreational smoker turned me into an alcoholic. Went on the patch which worked great. Didn't have any cravings unless I drank. Started with the 21mg patch because we get 3 months of these patches for free every year. I cut them in half to give me an extra 3 months supply lol.

FYI, I don't intend to quit as I still really enjoy smoking while drinking with others. The patch is a great way to cut the habitual part of smoking while still maintaining your daily nicotine levels.

The benefits of the patch is that 1) its much cheaper being free, 2) no smell, 3) no reliance on taking smoke breaks or craving for a smoke, 4) you're not inhaling anything toxic.

The cons of the patch is that 1) I don't actually think it helps much with quiting, 2) crazy vivid/lucid dreams if you keep the patch on while sleeping (could be both a pro and a con actually), 3) expensive if you run out of the free stuff, 4) you get as addicted to the patch as you would with cigarettes.

Willpower is key. The only way to actually quit smoking is actually wanting to quit or having a reason to. I'm obviously not there yet but I've achieved my goal of cutting down drastically.
Appreciate 0