View Single Post
      05-24-2017, 10:35 AM   #11
Dkhan22
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by M6-Coupe View Post
Dude I'm not gonna argue but the link you posted is related to specific models (2015) and specific units (956). My car was 2013 and I know many other M5/M6 owners had the same issue due to high power/torque and daily launches...
After about 6 years (since September 2011) ownership of different high end BMW, if my cars did not have warranty (obviously they had because they all were brand new), I would pay over 30k out of packet because of issues they had and I had dealer fixed under warranty; so I will never get ANY USED BMW without warranty but to each his own
I totally agree with you. I am coming from an e92 335i. I bought the car new and once the warranty expired I had an option to extend it to 100k miles for around $3500.

Now I understand we are not talking about an M car here (M cars will have a higher repair bill, hence why I agree with you about having a warranty for peace fo mind). Luckily I have connections to a mechanics shop and knew I would not have to pay for labor if anything happened to my car. From 50,000-120,000 miles I only spent around $3000 on parts. It was a good idea to skip out on the warranty for me.

The main thing I want to get out of this thread is what major repairs people have done so I can get a good idea if I should skip out on the warranty or cough up the extra $5000+.
Appreciate 0