View Single Post
      07-26-2016, 12:24 PM   #172
bd307
Chef
Rep
Drives: Things with wheels or no wheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obioban View Post
Can you name a faster growing car company in the last 5 years? 10 years? 20 years?

What Tesla has accomplished, with extremely limited resources, is astounding. And world changing.

Yes, they haven't posted huge profits yet. That's because they're growing an entire company, from the bottom up, making things unlike anything that's been made before. Huge factories, new technologies, new platforms, new concepts.

Your thought process is exactly why so many companies are in trouble these days. Focusing on short term profits instead of long term viability and product. Investor think
They got talents in their marketing and R&D departments.

I just do not believe in crowd-funding and that's basically what they do with the Model 3.

I have to disagree with your logic about the growing part. They have all these big visions (I use this term to represent the future) and spending so much money NOW before making a dime. Some can argue they are investing and that is fine, but they should be drawing a line somewhere which I just do not see that. All I feel is that they are just "investing" to bait people into their company without delivering.

I just do not run my businesses like that (and that is why I am no Elon ), but I guess that is because I do not want to run into debts real quick and I do not have the ball to file bankruptcy.
Appreciate 0