Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW i8

Garage List
2016 BMW F13 M6  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by tab
Hey. I'm thinking of ordering a 2016 M6 CP with a manual transmission. How long from ordering one (manual transmission, Tanzanite blue?) to production? I toy with fetching it in Munich, but I will probably just have it shipped to Chicago.

I know a fresh 6 Series will be coming soon, BUT it seems like the next generation might not come with a stick. Do we have any confirmation of that? I know they have threatened that before, but especially if they go AWD for the M6, it seems like this M6 might be my last chance to get a stick. Any thoughts?
I'm going to warrant what I'm going to say that I have zero experience with ED, so I may not be the best person from that aspect. I'm doing normal delivery to my dealer in Southern California-

Well, the earliest you're looking at a 16 w/ comp package is July- the first half of the 16s- and depending if you're looking at a coupe- they're already on a two month delay (was supposed to start production in March, got pushed to may) so the comp packages may be pushed to September.

Gran coupes haven't been affected, which is why I'm switching to one. The comp package begins production as mentioned, July for those.

Tanzanite blue is considered a "priority 1" color- so, like mine (frozen space gray) it tacks on 2-3 weeks ontop of the already 6-8.

That's why comp package became a discussion, if it's absolutely worth it. I don't track my cars, and my 14 m6 has the comp package/ and when I drove one without it- I felt no difference other than sport plus which was stiffer (the steering wheel) so if you intend to track it- and can wait until September-December delivery for one- go for it. I personally couldn't so I'm hoping to get mine by end of May/early June