F13 BMW M6  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnfoundLegend
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///SAL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pavit
BMW give M4 some B&O love! :'(
U anit missing much dude i have b&o and to me i think theres no big difference lucky u that didnt order it.
I have to disagree. I'm looking for M6's now and not even considering ones without B&O. My M5 B&O sounds superior to any system I've ever heard before. It just takes the right music and bit rate (Kbps). It sounds like the person is sitting there singing the song to you. You feel like it's coming dead from the center if you have the setting on Studio. Not from any other system have I heard it like this before. One thing I would say is lacking is the bass, which hits much harder in h/k systems than B&O. Other than that it's a wonderful system IMO.
I'm with ///SAL. As an audio engineer I found the B&O option in our M6s disappointing. The only advantage over the stock sound system is slightly superior in-cabin sound distribution. However, the B&O, like the stock sound system, is decent at best when it comes to audio fidelity. Granted a car is a very difficult place to really recreate an audiophile grade listening experience because of the very nature of the environment. 1) cars are mobile, and imperfections on road surfaces will always introduce artifacts into the listening environment 2) cabins are small enclosed spaces not optimized for sonic quality 3) you're mostly in an off-center seating position in relation to the source, 4) there are space and weight restrictions in cars, etc. Creating an audiophile grade system for cars is an uphill battle for sure but, for as much as I love their consumer products, the B&O isn't even close to being top dog in this respect. This becomes even more apparent once you listen to the Burmester option in Porsches.
Coming Soon:
2016 BMW M4 GTS De-Winged and Bagged on 22s
Appreciate 0