11-13-2013, 08:45 AM   #8
wzj519
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2017 M3 COMP PKG

Quote:
Originally Posted by neversummer78 View Post
Actually, it was shaking more after picking up from the shop last time, but they changed oil. Usually, engine runs rougher first few hundred miles after oil change in my past experiences. There are technical explanations, but I don't wanna get into that. If you get drivetrain malfunction, the shake is pretty violent then you know you are in trouble.

Anyway, it is still shaking, but I take this shake as a good sign.

As for car wash, I wash them all myself, but I just wash one once a week. Good exercise is one reason, but the satisfaction of doing it myself and getting it done right is priceless. I even tell SA when I drop off the car for repair to not wash it. Anyway, I just drop off my black car for bumper repair b/c some jerk scuffed it while parking on the street. I picked it up from the shop last Friday and shop left swirl city on the hood, and that ruined my day! They said they used microfiber towel. What a bunch of idiots....
Thanks for reply Neversummer. I will keep an eye on the vibration and think it is kind of good sign at the same time.
As for the car wash, because I live in a condominium self wash is really not convenient for me. However, I always bring shampoo and towels to the detail shop and oberserve their washing progress carefully. Same as you, never trust detail shop's shampoo expecially their towels. Their towel always has some hidden small stones or sands inside.
Appreciate 0