Although the focus of the BMW NA Launch Event we attended was the 4 Series Coupe and new X5, there were also a few M5 and M6 equipped with Competition Package for us to test out. And flog it we did.
The M5/M6 Competition Package both include a Competition Exhaust System.
Keep in mind that the Competition Package Exhaust is not the same system as the titanium M Performance Exhaust which will be coming for the M5 and M6 (see our preview clips and details
). The Competition Exhaust is positioned between the stock exhaust and the M Performance Exhaust.
The Competition Package Exhaust accomplishes its sportier and louder sound (compared to factory) by having its baffles pulled from the muffler. There are no power gains nor flow changes, but it does sound good.
Here's a look and listen at the 2014 M6 coupe with Competition Package, including exhaust clips.
The M5 and M6 Competition Package includes:
• Power increase by 11kW (15HP) to 423kW (575 HP)
• Stiffer stabilizer (anti-roll) bars
• Stiffer and lower suspension (shocks and springs) (10mm lower then standard M5/M6).
• Stiffer front axle bushings
• Active M Differential with a unique tune for the competition package for improved traction
• New hydraulic rack-and-pinion steering with the M-specific Servotronic function with a more direct programming to improve agility during cornering
M Dynamic mode (MDM) of DSC tuned with higher thresholds of intervention
• New 20" M light alloy wheels (not equipped on this M6)
• Sport exhaust with black chrome tips.
The M Ceramic Brakes are a separate option.
See full Competition Package details at: http://f10.m5post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=842219
Also see our FAQ on BMW M5/M6 Competition Package