View Single Post
      07-05-2013, 03:22 PM   #33
HighlandPete
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: BMW F11 535i Touring

Quote:
Originally Posted by 13 NF View Post
I had an e-mail from the dealer today, they said they would look at a part exchange on a cost basis. This is good of them, BMW UK will not help they would be admitting a flawed car!(Understandable)

I will keep you posted.
But is it flawed, or is it expectations and trying to run 20" RFTs in the UK?

I know I could never dream of trying such an unpractical wheel on my roads, unless I was prepared to compromise on ride quality.

I'd be on basic fit 19" wheels and prepared to fit normal rubber if the ride was too compromised. Been there with E91 3-series so fully understand the limits of RFTs and how normal rubber gives us back a real BMW. Simply put some combinations have too tight a working envelope, when we drive on poor roads.

My F11 with Adaptive Drive and 18" RFTs works well, even on poor roads, just the occasional bit of unsettled ride over really poor surfaces. (Pushing the limits of even an 18" RFT). But the car has the ability to have a near magic carpet ride quality. IMO it isn't the technology in these cars, more the choice of specification. Many a BMW is ruined with the wrong wheels.

HighlandPete
Appreciate 0