Samurai of 2day
Major
Rep
Drives: '22 X6M/'21 S1Krr

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipsedixit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai of 2day View Post
Thanks. I really appreciate that. You are the second person who told me that you did not have to pay for the oil. I didn't care the first time I had to pay, the second time I was a little disappointed to hear I have to pay again, and now I am frustrated to know that i will have to drive all the way out there, to pay them for oil once again. It would seem that we both are burning through a quart of oil every 700-900 miles or so. I could be wrong, but I never thought that would be a "normal" thing for such a high end car... or ANY car for that matter...

When I had to pay for oil the second time, I asked my SA, "why would I have to pay for oil for a car that is supposed to be covered under the manufacturer's warranty that clearly states, $0 maintenance...?" He told me that it doesn't cover oil top offs, only scheduled maintenance. That actually made sense to me, but now this has become a huge inconvenience to have to go out of my way to drive to the service center, then pay for a quart of oil.

When they ask me to pay for the third quart tomorrow morning when I go there before heading to work, I'm gonna ask the SA should I stop bringing the car in once a month for a quart of oil, let the engine run on low oil until it explodes, and then have the car towed in at the expense of BMW and then let them fix the car for $0 maintenance at that time!!
No, that's stupid.

BMW has instructed its dealers to top off the 650 at no cost to the owner (as long as the car is still under warranty/maintenance). The engine oil issue is a known issue at BMW.

The last time I brought my car in, the SA just topped it off without even checking/measuring the oil, and did it without even keying in my key fob so that they have a record. Just did it. NO questions asked and said that if I ever need to top off, just bring her in.
Thanks for the feedback. I was told that if I take the car to the service center associated with the dealer where I purchased the car, then the top off would be free of charge.

The problem was I was going to the service center closest to me out of convenience, and not the one where I took delivery. Easy fix. Thanks again guys.