03-16-2012, 05:04 PM   #19
M6-4KIX
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2012 6 M(pkg) Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by HMtheJJ View Post
well i understand that it could be a lot more expensive in countries like China with their 250% import taxes on cars, but I mean I could cross the border and get the same thing from Seattle for about 35000 less, that's the problem i have with the system, simply because those companies CAN charge as much as they want, same milk from Costco, it's about 1.20 more here in Vancouver than those bought from Bellingham.

i'm not exactly complaining though it might sounded like, just saying that a lot of people from the States can have it for so little, and that makes the car, well less special
sorry, but this kinda side steps the topic of leasing!!

We shop entirely in the US!!! Gas is cheaper by about a buck a gallon (premium gas saves us about 20 bucks on a tank!!... etc. We're 15 min from the border and have the Nexus passes for a smooth, wait free entry!!

I can tell you this HM........ I questioned BMW Canada about the base price being $15,000 more than the US and the BO stereo is $6800 option here and $3700 in the US...... !!! Their reply was basically..."because we can and if you want it you will pay" !!!!!!!!! Great PR work there!! They said it was because our economy was on solid ground and US is still rocky at best. They also said "yes you can buy a new 650i cheaper in the US........ then you must wait one year before you can import it!!" Probably not a bad option as their current delivery could be 8 months out?? So, maybe buy one in the US (you can't, but a very good friend could!)...... then wait one year to import the car? Or, if you wait til Sept, you could buy a used one and save $50,000 over the current Canadian price. Check ebay for 2010 M6 cars for sale!! You'll save a bundle.

All options to consider, but as I said in another thread, ours is only the 2nd Coupe in Vancouver, so far. These will be a pretty rare sight indeed. Just close your eyes and write the check..lol lol

One fellow member bought one in Singapore........ paid 2&1/2 times what we pay?? So, see, we are getting a great deal.

Last edited by M6-4KIX; 03-16-2012 at 05:13 PM..
Appreciate 0